Aids and adaptations
We aim to support those in your household who suffer from a health condition or have a disability and need an aid or an adaptation to live more comfortably.Aids and Adaptations Guide
Our promise to you:
Our aim is to deliver a good quality aids and adaptations service that is quick and responsive in meeting the needs of you or members of your household.
- Make a budget available each year
- Provide aids and adaptations of a minor nature, usually works up to the value of £500
- Have trained staff to help identify or position the aid or adaptation which is right for your needs
- Incorporate major adaptations into programmed improvement works
When you apply for adaptations, we will:
- Provide you with a range of ways to request an aid or adaptation
- Keep you informed of any changes such as delays in ordering specialist equipment or materials
- Arrange a convenient appointment when your aid or adaptation will be installed
- Aim to give you a decision in 7 days on whether the aid or adaptation can be done and aim to complete agreed works within 30 days of the decision.